Ghost interference

Martin-203605 19:37 29 Mar 04

Ii'm looking for help with a problem which has cropped up on my PC. A dell dimension 8300 Pent 4 2.8Gb, 2Gb RAM, Radeon 9800 128Mb and Audigy sound card WinXP pro . All was working fine (should at that price) but I started to get a ghost image at boot up - little green squares - then 5 striped barss started to appear. At first it was intermittent and would be 'cleared off' the screen when any application was started. But it now persists and is fouling up all apps. I can't touch it with the screen controls, the card driver, DirectX upgrade, wiggling the cables -nothing. Does anyone have a clue if this might be hardware or software and where to start fixing it?

BlueMeanie 20:44 29 Mar 04

Sorry, but the only time I have come across similar problems was when the Video card was faulty. A new card on each occasion resolved the problem OUCH....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…