Ghost Image?

geedad 21:19 05 Oct 05

After using one of my DVD+-RW/CD-RW drives, and after removing the DVD ( which could have been a game or data ), I still see that it contains an "image" of the contents of the DVD.
Is there any way to refresh the drive?
It does not worry me, but it would be interesting to know why it happens and how it could be cleared. I haven't tried a blank disk yet!

Windows XP Sp2, 3GHz Intel P4 HT,ATI Radeon 9200,160 GB HDD.
geedad

Chegs ® 21:27 05 Oct 05

Try restarting XP,if the image is still there,you have a big prob.If it clears it,you only have a small problem.(I used to get this repeatedly when I had Easy CD Creator,switched to Nero,and the problem went to)

geedad 21:39 05 Oct 05

Chegs ®
Will try, thanks. I will let you know how I get on.
geedad

geedad 22:05 05 Oct 05

Chegs ®
Tried. It cleared the contents.
Thanks
geedad

geedad 14:26 06 Oct 05

Chegs ®
You stated:
"if it clears, you have only a small problem"
What do you mean?
geedad

Chegs ® 14:33 06 Oct 05

I dont know,I think its XP caching the data and forgetting to release it when you've taken out the CD.As I said,I used to get this problem when using Easy CD Creator,and it went when I switched to Nero.

Taff36 14:35 06 Oct 05

I seem to recall that if you have this happen in Windows Explorer the good old F5 key refreshes the information.

Chegs ® 14:43 06 Oct 05

I found the only way to clear this was reboot,I tried removing device in device manager(required reboot anyway)then searching for new hardware,this worked,Refreshing via F5 didn't do a thing.On inserting the next CD XP was refusing access as it was inuse,often I couldn't even get the CD tray to open.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…