ghost cannot restore from external hard disk.

prince midas 18:50 15 Jan 04

Have just fitted an external maxtor 40g hard disk running from USB1 port.

Ghost recognised the new hard disk 2 as did windows xp.

Copied to new hard disk 2 using ghost which told me to go into ghost advanced and set port to USB1 which I did.

Image file fine recognised on hard disk 2 & by windows XP.

Problem when i wanted to verify using Ghost & then restore using ghost.

Ghost let me load Ghost and put my ghost hard disk2 image file on ghost.

But when I clicked to start loading message came up on ghost saying it was not a valid ghost image file.

When I went into ghost help it said you must Identify the new disk on ghost but where is Identify and surely this is a bit late when ghost as already copied to image file .

It beats me where this Identify is.

I have tried using a ghost floppy restore with no luck.

Whats up guys.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:58 15 Jan 04

click here

To use Norton Ghost with an external CD writer, you will need to get Norton Ghost 2003. Earlier versions cannot communicate with external CD writers. Furthermore, you will need to make sure that your CD writer is compatible with Norton Ghost.

'Even though Ghost 2003 supports both NTFS and external USB drives, it cannot do so at the same time. The DOS driver that finds and mounts the external drive cannot read NTFS, even though once you get into Ghost, you *can* see NTFS drives. Therefore, if you plan to create Ghost images that involve external USB hard drives, they should be formatted as FAT32.'.....and the best guide to ghost on the net....click here

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017