Ghost

joe95 14:41 16 Jan 05

I have formatted my new external hard drive, when I try to clone it I get this message to use this external storage device, select the appropriate driver in the external storage section of the advanced settings dialogue, select a driver that is the same as the controller the device is attached to.
running XP Home without SP2

bremner 14:57 16 Jan 05

Assuming the external drive is USB the message wants you to select USB driver in the Advance Settings box.

joe95 15:05 16 Jan 05

Drive is USB2 have checked drivers in the drive box there are 2
system32 drivers disc system
system32 drivers partmgr system
tried both,using no.2 it shuts down system and starts in DOS and then freezes have to turn off and restart.

joe95 18:19 16 Jan 05

the drive is in My computerand have checked it's properties and it says working properly.
J

mattyc_92 20:05 16 Jan 05

What version of ghost are you running??? Try a search on the Symantec website for help!!!

bremner 20:19 16 Jan 05

In advanced settings what do you see in the external storage tab?

freaky 21:17 16 Jan 05

Had a similar problem to you using Ghost, and the setup you have got i.e External Hard Drive.

Firstly, what version of Ghost are you using ?

Earlier versions do NOT support external hard drives with USB connection.

Ghost 2003 does support External with USB1 or 2, but will be very slow if you have USB1 on your MOB.

If you have USB1 on your MOB, but have added a PCI card to give you USB2, and the drive is connected to the USB2. Then on the Ghost interface you HAVE to select USB1 for it to work.

I got fed up with this eventually, and binned Ghost and replaced with Acronis True Image 8. No problem after that!

joe95 23:21 16 Jan 05

Freaky. I have ghost 2003 and my PC is only 1year old
bremner.which advanced tab do you mean?
if it's Ghost it shows my internal drive and also external drive.

freaky 09:55 17 Jan 05

joe95. I would presume that if your PC is only a year old, then all your USB's are (2). Can you confirm before I reply please.

joe95 12:37 17 Jan 05

I can't find anything in System with regard to USB2 only thing mentioned USB Root 3 times, have run Belarc and that says same.

bremner 19:48 17 Jan 05

If you have 2003 then run the tutorial and it will show how to find the advanced settings and how to image to an external drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…