//some 3rd party need geo

Ghost

I have formatted my computer because I have had a few problems. I now have it exactly as I want it with programs etc on it. If I create a ghost image using Norton Ghost will it take it back as it is now should I encounter any other problems in the future. Rather than having to load the OS on again? Also would it be the same as formatting i.e. deleting all history. Thanks.

^

stylehurst 13:57 31 Oct 04

Short answer to your question is "Yes"

dagwoood 15:41 31 Oct 04

[email protected], don't forget to verify the integrity of the back up you've made. (Open ghost, ghost advanced and it's at the bottom).

dagwoood.

Thanks dagwoood but I dont understand.

woodchip 17:30 31 Oct 04

Well when I restore a Image I have never verified it and it's alway's been OK. Using Acronis or Drive Image

woodchip 17:31 31 Oct 04

PS it's just like a format and restore, all the rubbish gone from your drive

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 18:06 31 Oct 04

If not too late

click here for an excellent guide to Ghost.

dagwoood 21:21 31 Oct 04

[email protected], sorry I haven't made myself clear.

If you create a backup using ghost, you can verify that the backup isn't corrupted in any way and is a usable image of your drive.

As I back up to CD-R, I verify the integrity of the copy because if I did have to restore my system at some time in the future, I'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle if I found out at that stage that my backup was corrupt and effectively useless.

Sorry for the confusion, dagwoood.

woodchip 21:30 31 Oct 04

Check your CD's on a regular basis as I have found after a short time that they cannot be read. Not much use if the are a backup of your System. Some CD's are better than other for long storage. Trial and Error to find what work's best for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…