Ghost 10 Question

SHUNNA 14:55 13 Jul 06

As the HD in my laptop was intermittently freezing and making clicking noises, I managed to carry out a full backup onto two DVD`s using Ghost 10.and an external dvd writer. Just after i finished, the HD drive failed. I now intend to fit an identical new HD and am not sure of the procedure after fitting it.
Can i just load the basic Xp o/s without SP2 and all the fixes, then reinstall Ghost and use my two dvds to recover my laptop to its former state?

ade.h 17:25 13 Jul 06

I don't use Ghost, but I would expect to be able to make a clean installation from the recovery discs, which should run when inserted. Does the manual not tell you? Symantec stuff always used to come with a doorstop of a manual.

SHUNNA 18:32 13 Jul 06

Thanks for that, looks like I`ll have to find the manual and plough through it, though from previous experience you can never find the exact scenario you want. Was hoping to find a Ghost expert.

Pine Man 19:46 13 Jul 06

Shunna

I used to use ghost and from memory all you need to do is boot your new HD from the ghost cd which should allow you to access the back up files for a full restore.

Pine Man 19:51 13 Jul 06

I forgot to say you may have to format your your new HD first but you definitely haven't got to install your operating system.

SHUNNA 20:02 13 Jul 06

Thanks for the info Pine Man.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009