Ghost 10 back-up

chelseafan 10:20 02 Mar 07

This may well be a daft question but it's giving me grief!! I have set-up Ghost to back-up my C-Drive and am having a problem locating a file i recently deleted (after running a back-up). The file was in a folder within My Documents. Now the stupid question: If i have opted to back-up the C-drive, does this include the My Documents folder. I ask since i cannot find the deleted file anywhere within the backed-up files.

muddypaws 11:56 02 Mar 07

Not much help, but my Ghost contains 'My Documents' folder with everything in it. Afraid you will have to wait for the 'experts' to advise further.

SURVEY 13:06 02 Mar 07

As Ghost backs up the complete drive, it will include the My Documents folder. You could open up Ghost image, click on File, mount the drive and then be able to search the whole of the image for your file. If it is there it will be found. Dismount the drive afterwards.

chelseafan 13:14 02 Mar 07

Thanks both, I found the My Documents folder eventually but the file wasn't in it. But i think i've worked out why not. When i backed up this morning the only folders backed up were those that existed when i backed up the previous time. Any folders created since were missing. I've given up a little and totally wiped all previous back-ups and started again. i think it was set on incremental back-ups but surely that would include new folders as well as files. I'll just do a complete back-up in future. thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…