gfx card not functioning correctly (geforce fx5200

nyleridedog 21:36 24 Jul 04

Hi guys built a system

xp 2400+
512 ram
128mb geforce fx5200

only just noticed whilst installing a 3d game that it says something about install the latest drivers for your gfx card! which idid, it also mentions direct x, which i installed the latest version!
when i go into dx diags the options to test direct 3d and direct draw are all disabled

any ideas

jonnytub 21:50 24 Jul 04

did u get the driver from windows update or manufacturer site?

nyleridedog 21:52 24 Jul 04

i got the driver slast night from the manufactuers mate,

cheers

hugh-265156 22:01 24 Jul 04

have you tried enabling directdraw and direct3d from within dxdiag and is acceleration enabled in control panel/display/settings/advanced/troubleshooting

click here for some more info maybe.

jonnytub 22:04 24 Jul 04

out of curiosity try windows update and see if it says there is an updated driver for it, my geforce had similar probs and i did what u did, needless to say it didn't work, however the windows udate one did. also trcompletely uninstalling and then reinstalling, took me three attempts to get mine up and running

nyleridedog 22:06 24 Jul 04

nice one guys, yes huggy that link is exactly whats going on nice one,

jonny> uninstall what card or drivers ?

cheers guys

some nice ideas to be gettin on with

jonnytub 22:12 24 Jul 04

add/remove programmes remove all traces of anything fx5200, then go to device manager uninstall actual card, rebot and when u start back, don't let windows start the add new hardware wizard, cancel it, instead insert your cd and use setup file from there.

nyleridedog 22:13 24 Jul 04

sounds good, nice one

nyleridedog 22:35 24 Jul 04

have you tried enabling directdraw and direct3d from within dxdiag and is acceleration enabled in control panel/display/settings/advanced/hardware acelleration.....sorted guys

nice one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…