Getting virus updates

Greengo 11:46 29 Jan 05

I can't update my antivirus software because i have virus on my system. How do i bypass this to get the updates necessary to remove the viruses in question?

Can anyone reccommend any free antivirus software that i can use? I'm currently using AVG which up until now as been really useful.

Wizzy 11:51 29 Jan 05

I have McAfee VirusScan and this has never caused me problems. Download the trial version off the McAfee website, get rid of the virus with it and then you can unistall VirusScan or buy the full version if you like it.

Diodorus Siculus 11:51 29 Jan 05

Try Avast from click here - free, regular auto updates.

Do you know the virus you have?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:51 29 Jan 05

Antivirus on line checks:-
Panda click here
Trend Online Check click here

Anti Virus :-
Avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here
Microworld click here

Diodorus Siculus 11:53 29 Jan 05

McAfee Inc.
"Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations."
click here

Greengo 11:15 30 Jan 05

MY system is infected with java/byte verity

ACOLYTE 11:19 30 Jan 05

If you have Sun Jave installed open the Java console by clicking on other control panel options open the java plugin and clear the cache this should clean the virus.

gudgulf 11:21 30 Jan 05

This might be useful to you click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…