Getting tid of Microsoft keyboard and mouse softwa

Dobba 15:23 09 Nov 09

I am using Visa Home Premium with SP2 and have just purchased a replacement wireless keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Desktop 3000. On loading the software CD I get a warning notice saying that it has detected former software (Although it doesn't say what) that may interfere with Desktop 3000 and asks if I want it to uninstall then offending software. I agree, click where necessary then the programme goes through the motions and rebootsd. However, on rebooting, I get the same warning notice and we start all over again. It appears that something is stopping the new software from uninstalling the existing stuff (Presumably relating to old Microsoft and Logitech keyboards and mice I have used in the past. I have tried finding these and uninstalling manually, but that does not work either.
Funny thing is when I ignored the software and installed the batteries etc., both keyboard and mouse seem to be working o.k. However, I get the feeling that without the proper software installed, I will not be getting full functionality from the keyboard & mouse.
Has anyone come across this before and has any idea on how to get the software CD to run?

northumbria61 22:47 09 Nov 09

You could try going to Device Manager -navigate to keyboards - right click and select "Update driver software" If this doesn't work I suggest you select UNINSTALL - then go to Microsoft.com and search for NEW drivers for your Microsoft Keyboard 3000 - download and install.

Note - Uninstall before Installing New Driver

Microsoft LINK below

click here

northumbria61 22:47 09 Nov 09

You could try going to Device Manager -navigate to keyboards - right click and select "Update driver software" If this doesn't work I suggest you select UNINSTALL - then go to Microsoft.com and search for NEW drivers for your Microsoft Keyboard 3000 - download and install.

Note - Uninstall before Installing New Driver

Microsoft LINK below

click here

gigagiggles 23:01 09 Nov 09

try this from microsoft click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5