getting text out of a JPG ?

Ikelos 11:04 31 May 06

hi, i have a long text file which has been saved as JPG image,and i can find no way to get the text out so i can alter it, it will not copy and paste, I have tried to highlight it but it just puts a box around it, i did try to open it in "word" but it landed up as a load gobble-de-gook..........any ideas.......thanks

Graham ® 11:17 31 May 06

If you have a scanner, it may have an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) facility. Try that. Could be the document was scanned in the first place.

Ikelos 11:25 31 May 06

hi, that might be worth a try, thanks..the document was the text from a chat room about two hours worth, how i saved it as a jpg i do not know...........

UncleP 12:31 31 May 06

Yes, I've just been doing that with some jpg copies of letters, using Omnipage 15 - not the only option, but the one I have.

If you don't have an OCR program, I would be happy to look at the jpg for you. Two hours of chat could produce a rather large file, however - I take it that the character resolution is ok?

Ikelos 15:03 31 May 06

sorry it took so long to get back,had to go out..I do have an OCR prog i will load it and see what happens, thanks for the help, I will be back..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…