Getting on to secure sites

bjantbear 09:18 21 Aug 05

Does anyone out there know hopw to get rid of my problem.
The other day I suddenly found that i was unable to open the secure p[ages when I went on to a few of my sites i.e Internet banking, hotmail, Friends reunited, e-music.etc.

What was happening is that I was able to access the site but when I put in the password and pressed OK or Go I got a message " Cannot find server" and was taken to a Search page.

I have run Adaware and my AVG asnti-virus but it does not seem to solve the problem.

Has anyone any other ideas.

Regards

bjantbear

Graham ® 09:20 21 Aug 05

You may have been hijacked.

Graham ® 09:35 21 Aug 05

Try A Squared for a start.

click here

spuds 12:38 21 Aug 05

A freedownload from click here may help.

dogbreath1 12:52 21 Aug 05

Regardless of what you do to solve your immediate problem, you need to install a real-time antimalware application like (free)Microsoft Antispyware Beta (assuming that you have not done this already). AVG is a good antivirus but does not protect against spyware and adware etc.. Ad-aware is also a fine prog but unless you've got the paid for version, it doesn't offer real-time protection. It's useful to 'lock' your home page which many of the free antimalware (real-time or not) applications allow you to do. This will prevent a hijack from recurring if that is what has indeed happened in this case. Browse safely, it's a dangerous virtual world out there! :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…