Getting rid of Windows Messenger

Citizen Snips 17:57 12 Sep 04

Hello,

I'm just trying to remove Window's Messenger,I'd thought my previous attempt had done the trick,however,it seems to be running in the background as everytime I fire up MSN Messenger I get "You are already logged into you MSN.net passport,please logout and try to log back in" or words to that effect anyway.

My attempt to remove it came in the form of Control Panel > Add/Remove Programmes > Add/Remove Windows Componenets, then unchecking the box and rebooting.

Any other ideas as to how I can right of this annoyance?

Cheers,Mike

JayDay 18:04 12 Sep 04

VoG gave me this tip several months ago, and it worked a treat.

Start, Run, type or paste in

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

and click OK.

1514 18:19 12 Sep 04
  Evad 18:29 12 Sep 04

Have Ad-Aware installed?

Download Add-on:

click here

rawprawn 18:30 12 Sep 04

Control Panel/Add or remove Programs/ click Add or remove windows components/ untick Windows messenger, follow instructions.

1514 18:31 12 Sep 04

That doesn't want to work does it? Go to majorgeeks.com and look in the lefthand column for "messaging" and l/click, it will take you to a page to get rid of Messenger if you peruse it; I hope

rawprawn 18:32 12 Sep 04

Ooops, sorry pressed the wrong button. I had not fully read your post.

rawprawn 18:41 12 Sep 04
  Citizen Snips 18:46 12 Sep 04

Thanks for your help lads,damn things gone,the DOS command worked a treat.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…