Getting rid of Trojan Viruses from quarantine

James-299039 22:25 16 Jun 04

I have checked recent past postings re the Trojan Virus but I can't find an exact answer to this problem.

A friend of mine has Windows XP and his ISP is AOL version 9 narrowband (not sure the last bit is relevant).

The other day he performed a virus scan and discovered that three Trojan viruses had been placed into quarantine. As far as he can tell the computer is continuing to function normally.

He wants to know how he can get rid of these viruses entirely.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Many thanks.

alan227 23:02 16 Jun 04

Which virus checker has your friend got.

THE TERMINATOR 23:17 16 Jun 04

d/click on your virus icon in the system tray, click on reports and view the report for quarantined items. click on the item you want to remove and delete it. BEWARE these files are put in quarantine because the virus cannot be removed by your software. the virus is harmless and you cannot use software there, so only delete if you are sure it's ok. Your friend would be better off upgrading his virus software..TT

johnnyrocker 23:30 16 Jun 04

a further point is if they were virus he needs to run a scan with system restore disabled for a full cleansing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…