Getting rid of TMP Files?

1936 19:08 17 Jan 09

I thought I should do some housework and get rid of my TMP files so I went into Tools then, Internet options, then General tab, then Browsing history, then Delete tmp files.

I then keyed in "TMP" into search and hundreds of "TMP" files came up so I ran Crap Cleaner and ran search again and the TMP files were still there.
Should I select all of these and delete them?

birdface 19:18 17 Jan 09

Tools.Delete browsing history.Delete files.Or My Computer.Right click C Drive.properties.and press disc clean up.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:31 17 Jan 09

click here download and run. It is a free prog that will clear all your temp and unwanted files.

G

DieSse 19:53 17 Jan 09

For a better disk clean-up, I use Wise Disk Cleaner.

click here

tullie 19:58 17 Jan 09

He has used CCleaner and it dident do the job

User-1229748 20:03 17 Jan 09

you can go into ccleaner options and advanced and untick only delete files over 48 hours old

lotvic 01:24 18 Jan 09

They may be in the other Temp file (not browser)
Start > Run > and type
%temp%
and click OK

to empty this folder click the mouse cursor on an empty part then hold down Ctrl and press A (this will select all the files in there) now press Delete on your keyboard and all the files will be moved to the Recycle Bin which you now have to empty to get rid of the files.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:41 18 Jan 09

1) ensure all folders are set to 'unhidden'. Control panel-folders view-show all files and folders.
2)Open Ccleaner and in the advanced box tick everything.
3) go to options-advanced and untick 'only delete files older than 48hrs.

It will then work as it is supposed to.

G

1936 11:29 18 Jan 09

When I keyed TMP into search hundreds came up making up 1.4 GB so I managed to delete most of them. Bearing in mind that I followed the instructions given by Windows to clear them it seems they were not that clever but its done now and just goes to show ne should do one's housework reguarly. Many thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…