getting rid of spam?

chrisquig 16:47 07 Sep 03

Hi everybody,
Can anyone give me a good way of getting rid of pesky spam on my e mails. I'm getting 200 a day of pure garbage.

Andybear 17:05 07 Sep 03

There are a lot of threads on this subject. If you do a search I'm sure you'll find some useful advice - I did.

VoG II 17:11 07 Sep 03

I recommend Mailwasher click here

palinka 18:14 07 Sep 03

What isp do you use? Some are worse than others for letting spam in (I believe hotmail is bad). Another factor can be how often and where you give out your email address on the web. And finally, when you sign up for anything look for the "small print" box, usually right at the end, which says something like "we will allow your details to be used by carefully selected companies..blah, blah" - always tick the box to say "Do NOT do this".

Gandalph 18:43 07 Sep 03

As palinka says 'always tick the box to say "Do NOT do this"' good advice, except they won't take a blind bit of notice as the odds are they will get paid for handing over your e-mail address to other companies which in turn increases your amount of SPAM.

elleirdad 18:58 08 Sep 03

There is a lot of buzz about Bayesian spam killers right now. They seem to be getting a lot of press for accuracy and fewer mistakes.

I would check out the free open source SpamBayes project (click here) and the commercial InBoxer product (click here).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…