Getting rid of password managers

HIT any key 16:32 21 Mar 05

Some time ago I experimented with various password managers but decided not to go that route.

When I looked to uninstall these they were not listed in the installed programs. No matter, I thought, I am planning a complete clean reinstall and that will clean them out.

I have just finished my clean install and, to my surprise, I am still getting the annoying popups from 'Password Manager' offering to save my password. As I normally use Firefox (a clean install) I tried IE and that came up with a similar message from 'Auto Complete' - although I am not sure if that is a standard part of IE.

I guess this somehow got transfered when I restored my settings but I have no idea where to look to kill this. Probably the registry but I don't know where?

Any idea would be most appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 16:46 21 Mar 05

Are these third party password managers, or those built in to the respective browsers?

HIT any key 16:53 21 Mar 05

The ones I was experimenting with were 3rd party password managers such as Darn Passwords, PassKeeper, Password Vault, Password Crypt etc.

None actually have the name 'Password Manager' so that is either a generic title the program has given itself or it may be you are right and it is some feature built into Firefox that I was not aware of. If this is the case then I was thrown by my previous experimentation.

The popup window does not have any other product identity.

HIT any key 16:57 21 Mar 05

I was completely off track. This message *IS* coming from an inbuilt feature in Firefox. I had just assumed that it was one of the 3rd party password managers I had been evaluating and had not checked.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…