Getting rid of Mywebsearch

Kathryno 17:01 13 Dec 03

Ive got a big problem with my internet explorer. Everytime we go to search, it no longer comes up with the msn search, or the freeserve search, but uses a bloody annoying 'mywebsearch' which is bloody crap and bloody annoying!
Theres a file in program files called 'mywebsearch' and i tried to delete it but no luck. I think it might possibly be spyware. how can i either get rid of it, or get back to the normal default search.
Thanks.

VoG II 17:04 13 Dec 03

click here

Try running Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here

powerless 17:04 13 Dec 03
  Nellie2 17:18 13 Dec 03

At the risk of attracting another flame attack I have to say that Mywebsearch sounds like a Coolwebsearch infection to me... but then what do I know!!!!

My advice would be to download Hijack this from click here. Unzip it into its own folder and run. DO NOT fix anything. Copy and paste your log file either click here or click here or even click here and someone will help you with any nasties that may be on your machine.
PCA is great but as was pointed out the other day, HJT logfiles don't post very well here.

powerless 17:20 13 Dec 03

Ummm...Spybot will remove it.

Nellie2 17:22 13 Dec 03

ok... just trying to help

powerless 17:25 13 Dec 03

I know!!!!!!@

Kathryno 20:17 13 Dec 03

Cheers guys. :D

keenan 20:36 13 Dec 03

Interesting links!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…