getting rid of History on the Internet

Jean M 15:36 14 Mar 03

Please can somebody tell me how to get rid of the History on the Internet? I think I have done all of the usual things, but, as a novice, I'm not sure.
In INTERNET OPTIONS - under GENERAL - then Temporary Internet files - I have ticked DELETE.
In SETTINGS - Temporary Internet folders, I have put the amount of space as NONE and then 1MB

Under VIEW FILES I have deleted all items.

Under - HISTORY - I have put 'days to keep pages in History as NONE and CLICKED 'DELETE HISTORY'.

When I have gone back on the Internet, all the History is still there.

I have been told by my Tech. Assistance speaker that I may not be able to get rid of it - something, perhaps, to do with CONFIGURATION, which means nothing to me, but I can't believe that it can't be got rid of.

Also, if I uninstall WINDOWS in desperation, and reinstall, could it still be there?

Yours hopefully
Jean M

mr-old 16:22 14 Mar 03

Hello jean b

I do think that wanting to uninstall windows is a bit drastic for this problem. It is possible to manually delete the history of sites visited by clicking on the history button, a new side window will appear, this will show all some folders called wed/thurs today etc, if you right click on the folder it will give you the option to delete.

I think that you also need to set the clear history to one day.
I do hope that this helps although I am no expert.

bobbyp 16:28 14 Mar 03

I have the same problem i.e I delete everything, yet it is still there. The only way to be sure, as shown above is to click on the history button and manually delete the file. Generally, if you do the setting right, the history will clear itself on a daily basis anyway.
Hope this helps.

VoG™ 17:41 14 Mar 03

If you really want to wipe your History (and more) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…