getting rid of History on the Internet

Jean M 15:36 14 Mar 03

Please can somebody tell me how to get rid of the History on the Internet? I think I have done all of the usual things, but, as a novice, I'm not sure.
In INTERNET OPTIONS - under GENERAL - then Temporary Internet files - I have ticked DELETE.
In SETTINGS - Temporary Internet folders, I have put the amount of space as NONE and then 1MB

Under VIEW FILES I have deleted all items.

Under - HISTORY - I have put 'days to keep pages in History as NONE and CLICKED 'DELETE HISTORY'.

When I have gone back on the Internet, all the History is still there.

I have been told by my Tech. Assistance speaker that I may not be able to get rid of it - something, perhaps, to do with CONFIGURATION, which means nothing to me, but I can't believe that it can't be got rid of.

Also, if I uninstall WINDOWS in desperation, and reinstall, could it still be there?

Yours hopefully
Jean M

medicine hat 15:48 14 Mar 03

Uninstalling Windows is a bit drastic just to clear the history. Download TweakUI or TweakXP, depending on which OS you have, as it has an entire Paranoid section which will allow you to clear everything

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…