getting people to advertise on my webpage

herc182 09:29 25 Jan 06

Dear all,

where can i go about getting people to advertise on my webpage (i.e. paying me to advertise on the page, or even freely aadvertising on there?).

i am struggling for traffic on the webpage and given the nature of it (i am selling something), i NEED traffic!

any suggestions welcome.

kind regards

Lord Isleworth 09:42 25 Jan 06

Why not try Google....let them come to you
click here

Forum Editor 12:06 25 Jan 06

and most sites would like some advertising revenue. Unfortunately, you tend to need the former in order to attract the latter - nobody is going to pay to advertise on your site unless you can offer them some concrete evidence of traffic statistics.

Reciprocal linking is one of the best ways to build traffic - contact the webmasters of sites that are complimentary to (but not in competition with)yours, and offer a link swap. When done carefully everbody gains from this strategy.

ade.h 16:22 25 Jan 06

make use of business directories as well. Google "free online business directory" or "free website directory" or similar and pick some from the many that will appear. I use about 7 or 8 of the most well ranked ones. Bear in mind that some won't give give a link to your site, just your details; this is still of some value, but obviously won't do much for your site traffic or ranking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009