getting online with a laptop

twillfman 13:10 08 Sep 09

I'm dipping my toe for the first time into the world of computers and I live in a house with no landline phone connection , choosing to only have a mobile phone . I would like to buy a laptop as my first and only computer. Will I be able to become connected to the internet with these conditions in mind , and if so, how do I do it ?
Any answers please in simple English !! I'm new to all of this stuff !!! Many thanks for your time everyone.

baldydave 13:32 08 Sep 09

Hi,
You could use mobile broadband,just plug in a dongle into your usb port and it connects using mobile phone radiowaves/networks.Your mobile phone provider may do you a deal,check their website.
For deals click here
click here

baldydave 13:35 08 Sep 09

Sorry.
if you do not know what a dongle is,it communicates between your pc and mobile network the white stick which plugs in your laptop.try here,
click here

twillfman 14:04 08 Sep 09

baldydave..
Many thanks for that !! That's brilliant.. I shall begin investigations straight away..
I'm with 3 mobile so will try and sort out a deal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…