Getting a nuisance pop-up on Windopws 7

jonem81 14:27 PM 17 Aug 12

Everytime I go to a website, a pop-up stating "We're popular! Everybody loves us! Don't you? Click ENABLE to get us back!" I really don't want this popping up all the time, so is there any way to delete it forever? I thought that I had got rid of it, and I believe it is a Serif product, but I am not sure.

jonem81

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 PM 17 Aug 12

tried cleaning the registry since removing the programs? ccleaner is a safe registy cleaner that may do the trick for you.

lotvic 15:47 PM 17 Aug 12

Which browser (Firefox, IE) are you using? have you set browser in Options to not allow popups? Do you have any Adblocker addons? You need to give us more details so that we can advise how to avoid getting it and similar again once you have cleaned with cCleaner.

I use SpywareBlaster (free program) and AdBlock Plus with Firefox Browser.

jonem81 16:14 PM 17 Aug 12

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Yes, used Ccleaner never without it! Thanks

lotvic

Windows I/E 9, and yes, Options NOT to allow pop-ups set. I have not got an application such as Addblocker - is that a freebie ?

Thank you both for your help

jonem81

lotvic 18:01 PM 17 Aug 12

Fanboys adblock list - that's the list I use with AdBlockPlus in Firefox. They are free so just go ahead and install the list in IE9.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…