getting into norton ghost

jesta 23:36 18 Sep 04

hi,i have created a ghost image(i think that is what its called)so that i can use it when i ever i have a virus.i always misplace my xp disc so i use a image but i have forgotten how to access it.i know my ghost file is in my d drive of my hard disc and thats all i know.so does anyone know how to access it?p.s i have lost my norton ghost
need help asap!

GrahamP 00:54 19 Sep 04

Jesta,

As far as I know ghost only works in Dos. So create a boot floppy and copy the ghost.exe to it. Boot from this and at the A:> prompt type "ghost"

You will be presented with the Ghost menu. Use the cursor and the enter keys to select Restore Partition from Image. Use the tab key to get to the file box and select the image location and ghost image file. Then follow the prompts.

I would recommend putting the ghost image on DVD or CD if it will fit. When you use ghost itself to create the DVD/CD you get the option to make it bootable (by copying a bootable floppy). It makes life easier. You don't have to worry about finding your ghost.exe

If you have lost the ghost.exe then you are stuffed until you reinstall Norton.

Try searching your harddrive for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…