Getting network settings from a harddrive

Electronic_Eric 17:35 PM 17 Mar 13

My old laptop died a couple of weeks ago and i've now bought a new one. I'm attempting to configure my new laptop for a VPN connection to the university i attend. The only issue at the moment is that i can't figure out the settings i require. I managed to get the settings correct on my old laptop though.

So i'm curious. I've plugged in my old laptop harddrive in to an external harddrive caddy. Is there a way i can get the settings for the VPN connection? I think i mainly need the VPN connection URL or what ever it might be called. I obviously don't require my username and password that was saved (i imagine that it would probably be encrypted even if i did).

Before people suggest it, i have googled for the VPN connection 'URL' but i've found various help guides that the university have made throughout the pass 5 or so years. Of which none appear to work. Which is why i want to take it off my old harddrive, so i can then look for other settings that might be causing me not to make the connection.

Cheers in advance for any help given.

Electronic_Eric 23:23 PM 17 Mar 13

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know