getting my web page online

hi i have just created my very first web page using namo web editor3
i am currenlty with ntlworld as my server.
how do i now get my page on the web..
do i need to get a domain name i am really new to all this and have no idea what to do next..
can anyone help

AndySD 13:11 09 Dec 03

You need an ftp program to upload your site to the web. You do have web space with ntlworld its a good place to start. NTL supply a 30 day free use ftp client click here and your NTL World settings are.

webspace - ftp details

Customer homepage URL format: homepage.ntlworld.com/user.name

FTP Server upload.ntlworld.com

User Name your username

Password your password

slowhand_1000 13:13 09 Dec 03

You can ftp to ntl just by dragging and dropping if you want.

AndySD 13:16 09 Dec 03

Ooops looks like Namo can do this for you click here

Ben Avery 14:04 09 Dec 03

If you are using NTL through your "Cable Set-top box", you will need to upload your pages on the PC connected TO THE BOX ITSELF. I tried for a long time to upload my NTL pages via 3rd party FTP programs and even using IE6 but it will only work on your home PC.

I tried it on my work PC and it will not work at all. Thought I'd let you know, just incase you ever planned on trying to upload pages from a work PC or another PC using a different connection, and wondered why it was not working.

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…