Getting my site on google

Zippy. 17:48 PM 07 Aug 09

Hi, I have just created my first website click here and I would like to know how to get it onto google? Any advice please? Thank you.

Zippy. 19:29 PM 07 Aug 09

I have just had this reply from my host 'To view your site in google you need to order Search Engine Submission which costs $49.95.
Please confirm you agree and we'll assist you.'
Is this really right?

Patr100 21:10 PM 07 Aug 09

Absolute rubbish. DONT ever pay for this. Just put your site online and eventually Google within weeks will index it for free.

Zippy. 09:31 AM 08 Aug 09

Thanks everyone, thats a huge amount of help. The main words I want google to pick up is 'Shih Tzus' 'Taunton' 'Somerset'. I've got £30 of google adword credits from my host so I'll have a go at sorting that out later. I'm worried about the email link that 'fourm member' mentions - How do I change it so people can contact me? I dont really want to leave my phone number? THanks everyone.

Zippy. 17:29 PM 09 Aug 09

Thanks, I've managed to sort out the email link - I'm getting good at this!!!

Zippy. 20:18 PM 09 Aug 09

Thanks for that advice, I have now removed the link and I've added a contact form. Is it OK?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?