Getting my scanner to work with XP

waah 15:01 21 Nov 03

I am running Windows XP Home, P4 Processor, Audigy 2 sound, GEForce FX5900 Ultra graphics.
Previously used my CanoscanFB630P on old computer with Windows98. Have set it up exactly as on previous computer with HP Laserjat 4 printer connected to printer port of the scanner.
When I try to scan now I get the message "the parallel port may be used by another application Error Code: 0x00060800
Can anyone please advise
Mike

A_World_Maker 15:13 21 Nov 03

have you set up your Bios to use EPP/ECP on the parrallel port? (I assume the CanoscanFB630P is a parrallel port printer)

©®@$? 15:15 21 Nov 03

click here=

for some topics with the same problem, and advice

waah 15:29 21 Nov 03

Thanks for your rapid message. Parallel cable is connected to computers parallel port and to PC port on scanner. Can you explain how I set up the bios.
Mike

A_World_Maker 16:45 21 Nov 03

When your computer 1st starts, you will see a black screen with white text.. at the bottom will be a message like 'Press DELETE to enter the Bios', press the appropriate key, wait a few secounds.. a screen full of menus should appear.. BE CAREFUL what you alter in these menus.. using the cursors, go to the Periperals section and press 'Enter'.. again navigate down to the 'Ports' section and look for the Parallel Port.. use the Page Up/Page Down keys to change the selction to EPP/ECP... press the ESC key until you come back to the main menu screen.. now select the 'Save and Exit' option, press Enter.. enter a 'Y' into the confirmation box.... Done :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…