Getting my microphone to work...

Josquius 14:49 19 Sep 05

A easy one here, does anyone know any decent online configurers for microphones? Yahoo used to have one I know though it seems to have gone.
My mic has stopped working recently even though its plugged in and I want to fix it.

Hamish 14:55 19 Sep 05

You can test your mouse with Skype or MSN messenger as well as Yahoo messenger. Have you look at your audio to make sure it is not muted. Right click on the volume control in the taskbar

Josquius 19:42 20 Sep 05

oh...damn. It was muted and someone had turned off viewing it on the computer.
It still doesn't record though, it just 'amplifies' sound through my speakers with no program open.

jack 20:45 20 Sep 05

Recording voice through Microphone.

Go to Start/Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Sound recorder- Click Record[red Button on right] Natter away till cows come home.

woodchip 21:26 20 Sep 05

Did you look at the record side of the Icon in the system tray?

jack 22:10 20 Sep 05

The windows recorder I mentioned above gives you a minute of recording time.- enough unless you like the sound of your own voice that is.
For a more regular recording progrgam then
click here 0r you sound card onboard or PCI possibly has one built in.
My onboard sound system has ReaslTek quite useful

Stuartli 23:17 20 Sep 05

If you go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Voice tab>Test hardware button, you will launch the Sound Hardware Test Wizard.

Josquius 17:37 24 Sep 05

I know how to record it just isn't working suddenly.
Using the sound tester the mic sort of works with the line going up slightly though I can only hear anything if I shout and it all sounds rather crackly and robotic.

Josquius 12:22 23 Oct 05

I've tried it in another computer and this one detects when you have plugs in the wrong place. It says I have speakers plugged into the mic socket when I have my mic plugged in.
How could this have happened/is there a way I can fix it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…