Getting music from PC to Cell phone

Tanya3078 19:41 20 Feb 08

I'm sure this has been asked 100 other times but I dont even know where to look. Here's my problem.

I have the W580i from Sony Ericsson. It's a walkman/mp3 player, so I'm told. I have songs downloaded in MP3 format but I can't for the life of me get them on my cell phone!!! I don't have a memory card, all I have is the cord from the USB to my phone.

Can anyone help??? TYVM

MAT ALAN 20:03 20 Feb 08

Plug it in to your computer with the USB cable, select File Transfer mode (on the phone), open My Computer, and drag music(from where its stored) either onto the memory card or the phone. When you open the Walkman app on the phone,your music should be there...

Tanya3078 20:25 20 Feb 08

Ok, I got all that...well up until u said to drag it to my phone. Nowhere on my computer does it say that my phone is plugged into it. The USB is connected to both. It's registering the USB cord is plugged in. So as for dragging it to my phone....i'm lost. Help???

DarkHairedNYer on AIM

MAT ALAN 20:28 20 Feb 08

silly question, Phone turned on?

or try rebooting with phone still plugged in to PC..

Tanya3078 20:31 20 Feb 08

haha yeah the phone is turned on! I'm not blonde =]

The phone says not to remove the USB cable w/o taking it out of the PC first. This is a pain right in the butt! Grrrrr

MAT ALAN 20:38 20 Feb 08

Such a simple process normally...

sometimes USB ports do weird things, onne of mine does.
try plugging in USB cable to PC first then connect Phone to cable.

or
try the ADD hardware from control panel

(brunette or redhead)

Tanya3078 20:46 20 Feb 08

Neither...black =] not dyed.

Phones and computers aren't my thing. I'm an accountant and a business owner. I'm checking into the ADD hardware thing.

Don't forget about me over here!! Don't abandon me yet! =]

MAT ALAN 20:57 20 Feb 08

No problem there Tanya3078, gonna do a bit more searchin for ya..

forgot, Do you have any software for this Phone...

MAT ALAN 21:02 20 Feb 08

click here

if you do not have any software try the prog in the link..

you may also need to select the "File Transfer Mode"
on your phone first as well..

Tanya3078 21:18 20 Feb 08

Ok, I'm really starting to get annoyed. I did the Disc2 whatever. I set up all the songs to transfer but it says there is no connection to the phone. Dude, I'm lookin at the effin connection!

The name is Lindsay. Im under this name because it was registered by a friend :)

Did the file transfer thing with the phone.

MAT ALAN 21:28 20 Feb 08

lindsay, i can understand your frustration but we are gonna have to try a couple more things as a process of elimination..

Do you have anything else like a pendrive you can plug in to your USB ports, there maybe an issue with them or the cable might be damaged/broken somehow which is why your Pc is not seeing the device

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…