getting hard ware monitor problem

akaray 10:53 10 Apr 08

i'm getting a hardware monitor problem on the bios screen when i turn on the computer. and they say press F1 to continue or F2 for powersetup. It's coming on everytime i turn on the pc. i recently swapped out the hard drive and installed a used one i got from ebay??? when i press F1, it does let me go into the OS and all. But it's strange that i'm getting this weird message. any ideas?

Ditch999 11:06 10 Apr 08

If you go into the bios you will probably see that it is set to halt on all errors. This could mean that if you have the bios set to monitor your fans and they fall below a certain threshold it will tell you. When you start your PC the fans can be very slow to spin up and will give an error thus stopping your PC from booting and giving you the F1 or F2 option. Go into the bios and see what temperature your system is running at and what speeds your fans are at and if either have the monitoring facility enabled.

akaray 12:07 10 Apr 08

power supply fan 0 rpm was marked in red on my power settings. i did not see a halt on all errors option? i don't have a case fan. I just have one fan and that's the cpufan and that's attached to heatsink. when i turn on the computer, the back of the power supply seems to be working and i feel air being blown out. i checked the temperatures, none of them were marked in red.

Ditch999 12:21 10 Apr 08

"power supply fan 0 rpm was marked in red on my power settings." Was this in the Bios? Is there the option to enable or disable it? Disabling it will stop the error on boot but you wont know if your fan has stopped working altogether. If it has your PSU will overheat. Whats your motherboard?

akaray 03:36 11 Apr 08

"power supply fan 0 rpm was marked in red on my power settings." Was this in the Bios? Is there the option to enable or disable it? Disabling it will stop the error on boot but you wont know if your fan has stopped working altogether. If it has your PSU will overheat. Whats your motherboard?

Yes this was one of the bios options. under the power settings menu i believe. there was a list of temperatures including the cpu fan temperature and voltages and etc. everything was in blue and the only thing i could see red was the power fan speed at 0 rpm. i could disable however i have no idea what effect that would have. my motherboard is from sony and sony vaios all come with custom sony motherboards, which i HATE!!!!! I hate their CASE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5