Getting The Hackers Back

KCR 21:36 14 Aug 03

I have Norton Internet Protection which screens out a lot of hack attempts. Almost all are from the U.S. and some from a Mississippi Uni. Is there any way to send an internet message to IP address they are trying to hack from telling them *********************************************************************************************
(you get the message!)

Thanks,

Kristen

sil_ver 21:39 14 Aug 03

Probably best to ignore attacks as trying to contact them will tell them they've hit a live portal

Jester2K II 21:40 14 Aug 03

"out a lot of hack attempts"

These logs generate more trouble than its worth.

Maybe you are being scanned by 12 year old hackers, perhaps its just traffic from a server, perhaps you are being scanned by another PC that is infected with the Blaster worm (You patched for that?)

I ignore my Sygate logs on a regular basis...

Don't worry about it...

Jester2K II 21:45 14 Aug 03

Also most "Hack Attempts" are nothing of the sort.

Legolas 22:17 14 Aug 03

I agree with Jester2K II most if not all the alerts received in firewall and other security software are not hack attempts and in my opinion should be ignored I think we can all get a bit paranoid about it I know I used to but as there was nothing on my computer of interest to anyone I stopped bothering about the alerts, this is not to say that you should not protect your computer against attacks just that you should'nt get over concerned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…