Getting Gaming PC!

mr-greenkey 10 Jan 12
Answered

Ok, I posted this in absolute beginners because this is the very start of my PC story I suppose. Anyway my question is, where should I buy a good/reliable gaming PC from?

KRONOS the First 11 Jan 12

It would help to have an idea of your budget,please remember a pre-built gaming PC is not necessarily cheap.

mr-greenkey 11 Jan 12

I know it's not a cheap thing to buy which is unfortunate :(

My budget is £830.

Needs to be at least i5 and 8GB RAM if that helps at all.

D@ve 12 Jan 12

Would building your own be out of the equation? For gaming systems in particular, you can save quite a lot of money that way.

Do you need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc from that budget too or just a tower?

ICF 12 Jan 12
  ICF 12 Jan 12

Forgot to say. No speakers or monitor with the above PC

mr-greenkey 12 Jan 12

I do need: Tower Keyboard Mouse

I don't need: Monitor Speakers

When I add windows 7 Home to that computer that's linked it goes up to £919 so I can't buy that :(

ICF 13 Jan 12

How about This one then

ICF 13 Jan 12

Have a look Here this give you an idea of the kind of hardware you should be looking for in a PC.

ICF 13 Jan 12
Answer
  D@ve 13 Jan 12

If you have a student living in your house then you can buy Windows for less than £40 here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message