getting fsmail and gmail thro outlook

markcomp 10:09 27 Oct 04

For some obscure reason I have four email accounts, when I suppose the maximum that I practically need is two! That aside, as I use outlook in the main for checking work emails and the mail account linked to our broadband, it would be useful to view both the fsmail account and gmail account thro the same outlook interface. Is this possible. I read that Hotmail cannot be picked up this way as they do support the pop3 protocol.....what is that anyway. Is it the same with these other providers?

djwheeler 11:22 27 Oct 04

See following for setting up fsmail in Outlook Express
click here

For Outlook I think the seetings are the same, just go to Tools, services and add Internet mail.

Don't know if you can access your gmail e-mail through Outlook at the moment.

POP3 is a protocol used for recieving e-mail.

rawprawn 11:25 27 Oct 04

As djwheeler Outlook 2000 Tools/Accounts/ Add

markcomp 11:29 27 Oct 04

OK I have checked out these adn understand what to do but what do I enter in th pop3 and smtp boxes when trying to setup accounts?

D G 11:52 27 Oct 04

I don't think you can access your fsmail in e-mail client,I could be wrong,the link provided is for freeserve,which is different from fsmail.if anyone finds out how to do it I'd be very grateful. tried all ways I know but no joy.DG

sean-278262 12:06 27 Oct 04

If you take a look at the new features list you can optionally forward emails to another account and if that is no good get gmail notifier

click here

it loads to your system tray and allerts you to if there are any messages in your mailbox.

djwheeler 12:26 27 Oct 04

Ahh sorry, read original posting too quick. Don't think you can access fsmail account through Outlook. Think it is just web based.

D G 12:46 27 Oct 04

As creature of the nite says you can forward to another account, which I do if there's anything I want to save.otherwise I just delete it on line after reading,it's no problem when you're always connected. DG

markcomp 13:02 27 Oct 04

Dear all, much appreciated I think I have got to the bottom of this query now
regards
mark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…