Getting cover off

sillyquestion 22:16 10 May 06

this is the dumbest question in the world i know but how do you get the cover over the printer socket in the laptop off? becuse i want to plug my printer in but it wont come off!

pj123 22:22 10 May 06

OK so tell us what laptop you have?

Most printers these day are now connected via the USB ports which normally don't have covers.

If it is a very old (parallel) printer you may not have any connections on your laptop for it.

terryf 22:24 10 May 06

Also tell us what printer you are trying to connect

sillyquestion 22:24 10 May 06

my laptop's a n advent 7086. and my printer is a parallel one. my laptop has a space that looks like a printer slot and theres a little picture of a printer next to it but the socket is blocked off

sillyquestion 22:25 10 May 06

my printer is a hp deskjet 600

terryf 22:34 10 May 06

If you go to MY Computer right click>properties>hardware tab>device manager and look to see if you have an lpt port(against ports Com and Lpt). Doesn't necessarily means that there is a parallel port just facility on mobo which may not be physiclly connected. Does your manual say anything, have you looked up the specs for the laptop on the manufacturer site?

terryf 22:35 10 May 06

do a google for 'parallel to usb converter', lots of hits

terryf 22:35 10 May 06

do a google for 'parallel to usb converter', lots of hits

sillyquestion 22:41 10 May 06

The manual didnt say much, and the website didnt say anything about printers.

pj123 22:59 10 May 06

I don't think the Advent 7086 supports parallel printers anymore. So you have two options.

Buy a computer that supports parallel or buy a printer that is USB.

wolfie3000 00:56 11 May 06

your printer has a usb connection on it next to the parralel port.

click here

As seen here so just buy the usb cable from a pc shop and bingo problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…