This is getting complicated

kiddgame2000 08:32 01 Mar 06

I bought a new computer with an SLI motherboard and the time has come to add the second graphics card.

I already have an inno3d 128mb 6600gt pci-express card. Now until recently i thought you had to add an identical card from the same manufacturer in order for SLI to work but i was told by some on this forum that i could add any 128mb 6600gt and it would work because of the new drivers that Nvidia had released. Sure enough i went to the Nvidia website and that is exactly what they said.

The following is an email i recieved back from inno3d on the matter.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

For our Inno3D graphics card, we may use different brand memory module in manufacturing process.
The respective BIOS is NOT THE SAME which may not work properly in SLI mode.

Please check carefully the brand of memory module on the card. When you try to buy another one, you can check up the memory use or simply bring your card to the shop for testing before purchase.

I dont know what to think now after recieving this email. Im confused again.

Any help would be welcome.

Hertz Van Rentyl 09:04 01 Mar 06

May simply be a "Cover yer ass" type of letter on their part. Could you get another card from the computer suppliers and inform them of your requirements.

kiddgame2000 09:20 01 Mar 06

I could but i was looking to pick up a cheap second hand one on ebay.

I think if Nvidia are saying it will work with 2 differnt manufacturers then its probably a safe enough bet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…