getting "click here" to work correctly.

aine 17:19 12 Jan 08

I have tried to reply to a problem, using the URL of a web page. This attempt of mine did not work, could someone please explain to me the correct way of sending the answer correctly? to pages on this forum. Thank you. Ain

Stuartli 17:21 12 Jan 08

Just type or Copy and Paste the URL involved, including the www, into your posting and it should be/will be done automatically when you Post Response.

Technotiger 17:47 12 Jan 08

If it is a very long URL, it is best to use click here

Then make sure the cursor is flashing in this Message box, and then right-click and Paste.

Technotiger 17:51 12 Jan 08

In more detail ...

To insert a click-here link ....

Highlight the URL in the address bar at the top, then go to Edit, then click on Copy.

Then in this Message Box - right-click to show cursor, then left-click and Paste.

Or - simply type the URL in this Message Box (Caution - beware very long URL's as they can cause parts of the Thread to un-readable as they over-run the right-hand edge of the page when you click on Post Response.)

Click on Post Response at bottom of this Message Box, and your link will show in the Thread.

To 'hide' the URL when the link is hovered over, use Tiny URL. click here this also prevents the out-come, as per the Caution note above.

aine 18:53 12 Jan 08

many thanks for speedy replies, I have copied it and printed. this will help me remember. AINE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced