Getting Cheap Hosting or having your own Server ?

mobad 11:41 02 Mar 03

Hi there,
Basically I run a website, at the moment im only getting 3Gb of data transfer per month. Basically I need around 30-40gb per month or possibley unlimited. I dont know any host that would do it for me for cheap.
Do you know any one that might do it for a very reasonable price, or even if it would be better to buy my own server or buy it from a company that host them, and pay them to run it for me?

Forum Editor 15:09 02 Mar 03

That kind of transfer - over a Gigabyte a day - is very high for an ordinary website, but if you really are going to use 30/40 Gigabytes of transfer a month, you should consider running a dedicated server with a web hosting company. You'll have nowhere near enough bandwidth on an ordinary BT landline, and site visitors will be frustrated when they can't connect.

Be prepared for some hefty costs though - most hosts charge for bandwidth on a sliding scale.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…