Getting a CD-rom to autoplay

BANDAGE 14:40 05 Jun 03

I have made an HTML page (composed in Word) which links to five files of photographs and other files relating to 3 geography field trips I have taken Yr 7 pupils on. I want to burn to CD and have it automatically open the HTML page when the disc is palced in the drive.

I have used an auto.ini file but it is looking for a .exe program. Any ideas how I can get round this, or a short routine to as an .exe that opens the relevant HTML page.

fitshase 14:43 05 Jun 03

Can you not point it to Internet Explorer to open the HTML page.

Do a search on the helproom for Autorun and CD and I'm sure you will find the answer.

Regards

Fitshase

fitshase 14:47 05 Jun 03

Have a look here:-

click here

regards

Fitshase

Wak 20:18 05 Jun 03

Hi Bandage, I had this problem trying to run an adobe PDF file and an exe file on the same CD and was given the advice to use Shellexe.exe from click here
Mine eventually worked out OK but it was a steep learning curve for a while.
Also search for Autorun and Auto Run (two words) in all Discussions for the past month and you'll find plenty of threads to follow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…