getting BT Broad band what file do I need??? !!

Sethhaniel 14:24 28 Aug 05

Took the plunge and upgrading from phone to Broadband on tuesday with the Voyager 150 package
but it says I may need the window98se disc during installation

I only have the 98 disc - ie will that do - or does anyone know what file it will be looking for - so I can oobtain it before hand ???

Mr Mistoffelees 15:25 28 Aug 05

I suspect BT say you need the 98SE disk for USB support, 98 does not have USB support. If you already have USB drivers installed and your USB ports working you should be ok.

Stuartli 15:37 28 Aug 05

>>98 does not have USB support>>

Stuff and nonsense, with all due respect.

You are thinking of Windows 95 which had only basic USB support as the technology was only just emerging, until about a year after first being released.

Things improved substantially when Windows98 first edition was the first to fully support USB and even more with 98SE.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:43 28 Aug 05

I appear to have been mislead!

Sethhaniel 19:17 29 Aug 05

ports are working OK so fingers crossed for the install tomorrow

Sethhaniel 16:40 30 Aug 05

actually found win98se disk and it was asked for
and after bit of messing about got broadband up and running -
then set it up on my laptop for downstairs use - asked for window98se disk but couldn't find any of the files it requested???? but still up and running on laptop

so tick coming up ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…