getting Bluetooth to work

cheddar-caveman 18:51 06 Oct 10

I have just bought a bluetooth dongle specification V2.0 & V1.2 compliant.
On plugging it into my laptop or desktop it goes through a setup procedure and then says ready to use. When I try to find my mobile it just says no bluetooth devices available. When I search on my mobile it also cannot find the computer.
Do I have to do something else to get it all to work?

Ashrich 18:53 06 Oct 10

Which operating system are you using ?

Ashley

cheddar-caveman 19:14 06 Oct 10

My lpatop is on XP Home and my desktop on Windows 7. The dongle supplier states that it ois compatible with both of thewe.

karmgord 19:53 06 Oct 10

are both devices set to discover?

What mobile is it?

Nontek 20:31 06 Oct 10

Mobile needs to have bluetooth enabled too.

robin_x 20:32 06 Oct 10

My Samsung mobile was a real pain with Bluetooth.

It had to be enabled in two places on the phone. Forget exactly now. Even when I did get it working it was a faff doing transfers. I gave up using Bluetooth.

Connecting by USB cable was a breeze. Windows saw my phone as an external HDD. Drag and drop.

Samsung PC Studio connection software usually didn't.
Gave up on that too.

Apart from that it was a really good phone till it packed up.

cheddar-caveman 21:01 06 Oct 10

My phone is a Nokia 2720 and yes, the bluetooth IS enabled. My phone talks quite happily to my Sat-Nav and vice-versa but neither will talk to my computers using this dongle.

cheddar-caveman 21:04 06 Oct 10

Further to my last, I boughtthis specifically so that I could upload pix and video shot with my phone!

Nontek 21:41 06 Oct 10

Unfortunately that phone does not have USB. I would change it for one which does have USB - My earlier Nokia was useless trying to connect via Bluetooth, my current Nokia 6300, connects instantly via USB to PC.

Woolwell 22:14 06 Oct 10

Have you installed any Nokia software on your systems eg Nokia PC Suite or OVI suite?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…