getting into bios?

meniscus 13:37 14 Jul 06

Ive just bought a new pc and trying to get into the bios,
It has an intel btx motherboard with Award bios 2.3.

Ive looked it up on the web and holding down "del" or pressing
"CTRL+ALT+ESC" at the manufacturers load up screen should get me in? Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance,

woodchip 13:43 14 Jul 06

Tapping Del as it starts should make it go. But what does it say on screen as it starts? as it should say to enter Setup press !!!!! Key

meniscus 13:47 14 Jul 06

No it doesnt have that enter setup option. F11 did it for me in the end...process of elimination!!
Thanks

meniscus 13:49 14 Jul 06

Oh sorry, 1 more thing! What does the option in the bios "On PME" stand for? Its in the power management section of it?

Diemmess 13:57 14 Jul 06

PME = power management events
Enabled or disabled via the BIOS

My inclination is to leave all BIOS settings at their default, until a reason crops up to make a change

meniscus 15:52 14 Jul 06

Is PME the same as wake on lan?

Iv enabled sharing on one of the folders on the desktop. Ive enabled the network adapter to "allow this device to bring this computer out of standby" on the same system.

What i what to do is to be able to access from another computer, as in be able to bring this machine out of standby to copy over files.
The only problem is that this computer doesnt return to standby mode after im finished accessing it. It also seems to come out of standby periodically for some reason.

Do you oknow what im doing wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos