getting back 256 colours

RUSSOKUK 17:54 01 Mar 03

I have the option of 2 or 16 colours in the display box,how do I get 256 colours?
Im running windows 98
Hewlett-packard1100mhz pc.
this is driving me nuts?

SantasLittleHelper 18:12 01 Mar 03

try using the Operating System disc, go to control panel, Sytem, then Display Adapter. expand the display adapter and right click on whichever graphics card is shown, go to properties from the menu that displays and then Driver, click on update driver and point it to the operating system CD, good luck.

RUSSOKUK 11:54 02 Mar 03

No that didnt work,it said I already had the best driver installed.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:03 02 Mar 03

Same as above but slect 'remove' (make sure you have the install disk handy although it should not be needed). Shutdown computer and then restart. The card will be recognised and re-installed. Shutdown again and restart, then change the display properties.

G

RUSSOKUK 15:29 03 Mar 03

no.Maybe Im missunderstanding your instructions.
Any other instructions?

TBH1 16:34 03 Mar 03

I'm with GANDALF <|:-)> here , delete your graphics card, re-boot and the system should pick up the correct driver.

RUSSOKUK 10:12 04 Mar 03

nop,I followed gandalf instructions,everything seemed to go ok.It detected new hardware and installed it successfully.for some reason it also detected my moniter and installed that again?So back to display, and again the choice of 2 or 16 colours?

billyliv 11:11 04 Mar 03

Hi, If you know the make of your graphics card go to the web site and download your model No. drivers, save the driver to disc, navigate to where it is saved (ie. desktop) double click on it and the drivers will auto instal, hey presto all your colours are back. Cheers, Bill

RUSSOKUK 08:37 24 Mar 03

Thankyou, I now have reinstalled it and everythings fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…