getting annoyed with GTA san andreas part 2

herc182 21:01 21 Jul 05

My previous thread:

click here

Basically the problem was my sound card drivers. but i still think the sound is playing up. reason being that it jerks and doesnt run smoothly (even with all the settings on minimum!).

It pauses sometimes when i come within earshot of people talking, in the car etc.

do i need to get a new soundcard? i have updated the drivers for my "Creative SB Live! series" card (thats all i can tell it is from belarc advisor).

would a new sound card speed up my gaming?!

thanks

PS i have AMD athlon 2000+ with 1gb ram and nvidia agp 6600gt

herc182 21:05 21 Jul 05

i have driver version 5.12.2.252 (which came out in 24/07/2002) which seems to be latest for me.

citadel 21:57 21 Jul 05

I have a creative audigy 2 zs and the sound is perfect in gta san andreas, I have only used the drivers that came on the installation disc, these work with all the games I have.

herc182 22:00 21 Jul 05

i have a read a lot about sound issues with GTA san andreas. when i get in a car, it takes a second or two to get the music playing, and then other jitters near other sounds.
hope this dont mean my sound card is getting old :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…