Getting alot of errors

SB23 15:11 16 Aug 06

Thanks to someone on the forum, I downloaded Registry Mechanic 5.0 yesterday, It started to run,once it had installed, but I had to stop it. When I tried to run it this morning, it came up with the box that it had encountered a problem, and had to close.
Now other programs are doing this, and I don't understand why?
I have error reporting enabled, but it has now had to report quite abit today. Can I find out what is causing these errors, and what happens if you press the debug button in the error box?

Steve

Diodorus Siculus 15:12 16 Aug 06

Do you have XP? If so, try system restore to before the problem arose.

SB23 15:37 16 Aug 06

I've restored to a few hours before. Will see how it goes.
Will leave open just in case.

Steve

Sethhaniel 15:45 16 Aug 06

couldn't even get to download RM5 with the following message
"Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) session was terminated. The connection was closed because of either a possible attempted security violation "

still can't get it today - but won't be bothering nowe ;)

SB23 15:50 16 Aug 06

That was going to be my next question, is it worth downloading again? The problems seem to appear after I had downloaded and installed it.

Diodorus Siculus 15:52 16 Aug 06

I wouldn't bother with it; try CCleaner as a free registry cleaner.

SB23 15:57 16 Aug 06

I know your probably right.
I already use Ccleaner, but I had heard that registry Mechanic was very good. A free version seemed too good to be true, and I wanted to try it. Maybe I'm being told something, in that, I should stick with what I've got, lol.

SB23 12:21 18 Aug 06

As I said above, I'm going to stick with what I've got.
As suggested I did a restore which seems to have calmed my pc down, so will tick as resolved.

Cheers all.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…