Getting alot of errors

SB23 15:11 16 Aug 06

Thanks to someone on the forum, I downloaded Registry Mechanic 5.0 yesterday, It started to run,once it had installed, but I had to stop it. When I tried to run it this morning, it came up with the box that it had encountered a problem, and had to close.
Now other programs are doing this, and I don't understand why?
I have error reporting enabled, but it has now had to report quite abit today. Can I find out what is causing these errors, and what happens if you press the debug button in the error box?

Steve

Diodorus Siculus 15:12 16 Aug 06

Do you have XP? If so, try system restore to before the problem arose.

SB23 15:37 16 Aug 06

I've restored to a few hours before. Will see how it goes.
Will leave open just in case.

Steve

Sethhaniel 15:45 16 Aug 06

couldn't even get to download RM5 with the following message
"Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) session was terminated. The connection was closed because of either a possible attempted security violation "

still can't get it today - but won't be bothering nowe ;)

SB23 15:50 16 Aug 06

That was going to be my next question, is it worth downloading again? The problems seem to appear after I had downloaded and installed it.

Diodorus Siculus 15:52 16 Aug 06

I wouldn't bother with it; try CCleaner as a free registry cleaner.

SB23 15:57 16 Aug 06

I know your probably right.
I already use Ccleaner, but I had heard that registry Mechanic was very good. A free version seemed too good to be true, and I wanted to try it. Maybe I'm being told something, in that, I should stick with what I've got, lol.

SB23 12:21 18 Aug 06

As I said above, I'm going to stick with what I've got.
As suggested I did a restore which seems to have calmed my pc down, so will tick as resolved.

Cheers all.

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017