get wireless connection MANUALLY

Viv-208691 12:01 24 Nov 04

Hi there, can someone please help me to set up my new Centrino laptop's wireless conection manually. I have a wireless Linksys router which works fine and I want to add my new laptop to the network. Howver, I am having a few problems. I don't seem able to do it manually (I don't want WIndows to set it up for me). I've copied over the protocal settings (inc preferred DNS adress) and unticked the 'let WIndows set up my wireless network' box. It doesn't simply 'connect' like it does on my wireless laptop with its network card, any ideas why??

Thanks

johnnyrocker 12:39 24 Nov 04

could be an ip config prob try shutting down everything and reboot from the first in the chain through to laptop last leavin at least 40 seconds between boot ups.

johnny.

Viv-208691 12:44 24 Nov 04

But I currently only have my laptop on the network, so there shouldnt be any conflicts. Ive assigned the IP adress so should be fine. It only gets signal if I get WIndows to search for network, I want it to start automatically without using Windows.

ANy more advice?>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…