get rid of password screen on windows xp home

hallamj 19:07 28 Jun 06

I want to use my PC as a media center but every time i boot it up it stops at the windows XP password log-in screen. This is a major problem as I only want to use a remote control device and not have to get out the keyboard/mouse. I have not set a password so it's just a case of pressing the ok button. So why does this scren come up at all?? My friend recently bought a notebook with XP on and his boots up without going through the password procedure. What have I done to switch this on? i can't recall adding nay user accounts or see anything in the control panel/users which allows me to turn this off. But it must be simple? Isn't it? Can anyone help? Windows XP home SP 2

VoG II 19:12 28 Jun 06
  originalmiscellany 19:13 28 Jun 06

for windows xp has an "automatic" logging in procedure which I have on at all times, and in turn boots in automatically.

Search for "tweak ui" or "powertoys" and off you go.

hallamj 20:38 29 Jun 06

Thanks folks, problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…