Get rid of annoying arrows

When I go to start and either documents, programs or favourites it never shows the full list just some of them with those arrows pointing down. How do i do it so i have the full list all the time?

Stuartli 14:37 08 Feb 04

Not quite sure what you mean, unless you mean arrows at the top and bottom to enable you to scroll up and down the lists.

This is because there are so many of them they can't all be fitted on the screen at once - you may also have some in folders, which will (obviously) mean having to click on folders' icon to display their contents.

If it's the former try deleting some shortcuts that are already easily available or superfluous to requirements i.e. right click on one (or more) of the links and then Delete it (them) as necessary.

There are not many in each I think it has something to do with the ones that you haven't used recently. I know its a bit hard to explain but i want them all to be shown.

bremner 14:49 08 Feb 04

Go to Tools > Customise and take the tick out of 'Show recently used commands first'

Tools - where?

See my thread. You may want to reverse the process. click here

bremner 14:54 08 Feb 04

Sorry [email protected] I'm dozing on a Sunday afternoon - my post is to remove the arrowes in Word - didn't read your original properly

Belatucadrus 14:56 08 Feb 04

I'm assuming you're talking about Windows NT or 2000 as that's the only place I've seen the arrows you refer to. click here;en-us;233101 I think you need to go into Start Menu properties and make sure that "Personalised Menus" is set to OFF.I think it's much the same for XP in classic mode, though in that case I believe the default setting is off not on.

Thanks guys - Belatucadrus' suggestion worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…