Get Free License for 'USB Safely Remove 4.1

cocteau48 14:44 19 Aug 09

Apparently one of PC World's 100 best products in 2008.

If anyone is interested a free licence is available till Aug 25th from :click here

I wonder how many products PC World actually included to come up with a "100 Best"

I am Spartacus 14:57 19 Aug 09

AVG is throwing up a Threat detected screen for Trojan Horse SHeur2.AXJA when installing. It may be a false positive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:03 19 Aug 09

No problems from Avast when download scanned or when installing or scanning installed files /registry entries.

cocteau48 15:09 19 Aug 09

Scanned downloaded file with AVG,MBAM and A-squared -
all clear.
Also no reaction from AVG during installation on desktop or Kaspersky AV on laptop.

InTheCity 15:14 19 Aug 09

Thanks for info.

I am Spartacus 15:20 19 Aug 09

I've just tried it on another PC that also has AVG and had no problem installing, puzzling.

Pamy 15:55 19 Aug 09

Hi, what is different from the one that is currently on my computer(Win XP Pro)

dagbladet 15:56 19 Aug 09

Notwithstanding the clue in the title, what does this software do?

GaT7 16:19 19 Aug 09

Sorry, but I cannot see the point of this program either.

My PC (XP / Win7) is set to safely remove all removable hardware (incl USB drives) by default - so all I need to do is simply unplug them when not needed.

As for paying €20 for it (when the offer expires) is a total rip-off imho, even if it claims to have other so-called 'useful' features (see below). G

P.S. From PCWorld click here: "USB Safely Remove puts its own icon in the System Tray in place of Windows' remove icon. When it can't safely close a drive, it shows you what processes are causing the problem and gives you the opportunity to close them.

USB Safely Remove has other cool features, too. You can rename your USB devices, set up a hot-key to stop a particular device, and set autorun options. If you don't want one more autoloading program, you can turn off the "Run on Windows startup" option and launch USB Safely Remove only when you need it--that is, when Windows won't otherwise let you safely remove a drive."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac