Get error message vserver.vxd on boot-up etc....

Simac 18:12 17 Jun 05

I installed a network card recently on my PC.. Win ver 98se, I have had nothing but hassle since installing it. Then thinking I had sorted that problem out eventually, when trying to network this particular PC with another just to access the internet through a router it did not work now on boot-up I find an error that a file is missing or as been accidently deleted etc etc the file mentioned is vserver.vxd.

Microsofts website reccommended that I uncheck the boxes that allow other users on the network to access my file and folders etc, then to reboot when prompted. Then recheck the boxes once booted up. That solves the problem on boot-up but I want to download that particular file but with endless trying can't find a site (through google) that does it!!

Simac

Joe R 18:20 17 Jun 05
  Joe R 18:21 17 Jun 05
  Simac 18:49 17 Jun 05

Joe R,
Thanks for your reply, but I have already tried to extract the file from my Win 98se disk does not exist...:-((..

Only answer is to download the file but from where I do not know for I have tried endless websites but to no avail..

Simac

VoG II 18:58 17 Jun 05

Start, Run, type

SFC

and click OK. This will run the System File Checker and should offer to restore missing Windows files.

Simac 19:01 17 Jun 05

VoG,
Thanks for reply, but I have already tried SFC, file does not exist anywhere on PC or Win 98se disk. If a site does a file download then great but tried through google but no joy
Simac

Joe R 19:07 17 Jun 05

Simac,

scroll down on the right.

click here

Simac 19:16 17 Jun 05

Joe R,
I have downloaded the file from the site you gave as a link i will try it now, problem might be is that the file is for Win 95, I'm using Win 98se
Simac

Joe R 19:19 17 Jun 05

Simac,

I believe it's the same file. If not it won't do any harm, and i'll have a look for another.

Simac 19:30 17 Jun 05

Joe R,
Sorry for delay, reason is I access the internet through my laptop and the PC in question is my desktop, so I have to pop in to another room to sort it out, hence why I want to network the both in time...

I installed the file in C:\Windows\System, went into Start/Control Panel/Networks. DblClicked on File and printer sharing, checked both boxes and rebooted and now I do not get vserver.vxd error on boot-up. Thanks for finding the file for me, this all started when I tried to network my Laptop with the Desktop, through a router just so I could access internet on my Desktop. But that will have to wait until tomorrow now. This was a headache in itself, thanks again.

Simac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…